A FTSE 350 manufacturing company providing refrigeration services to leading UK supermarkets.
The main challenges were to:
- convince the Main Board of the merits of developing a Strategic Sourcing function
- create a team of the right calibre from internal and external resources
- develop the business plan and then deploy appropriate category strategies
- implement a performance measurement regime
- reposition supply chain expectations through robust conditioning and negotiations
- maintain momentum ensuring stakeholder engagement throughout.
What we did
- put all practices, policies and procedures in place
- introduced measurement criteria for savings and transformation
- allocated categories, chartered buyers, introduced accountability
- developed team competencies through ongoing workshops and accreditation towards the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
A number of benefits to the business were realised, including:
- auditable cost reductions of 17% achieved in year 1
- ROI in excess of 12:1
- a realigned supply chain that is more responsive, dynamic and results-orientated
- a Strategic Sourcing function that has also helped the business with winning new work.
“We have used SpringTide for a number of years; without doubt they are able to deliver sustainable business improvements.” – Head of Procurement